I’m over snow and ice and cold and Winter! Even my beautiful Husky is hating the snow! We currently have 8-10 inches of snow in our backyard and he’s having such a hard time getting around in it. So, being the spoiled dog that he is, my husband went out and shoveled paths for him around the yard. Did I mention he’s spoiled?
But, there is one thing I do LOVE about Winter …. CHILI! There are many great chili recipes out there but here’s the fastest.
- 1 can chili ready diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 can italian diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 can chili beans (undrained)
- 1 can red kidney beans (undrained)
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 tbsp chili powder (depending on preferred spicyness)
- 1 cup Lightlife Crumbles or rehydrated TVP (optional)
Throw all ingredients in saucepan or crockpot and let simmer 1 hour. Like the Spanish Sauce, you can heat and eat but it’s best when the flavors are allowed to mingle for awhile! Besides, you need time to go out and shovel the drive…. again!
Other optional additions: diced onions, diced green pepper, diced jalepeno, corn, black beans, diced zucchini, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper for extra kick, 6 oz. extra-firm tofu cut into small pieces.
Top with: vegan cheese, crackers, vegan sour cream, black olives, cornbread